Best of the Bunch is an awesome end-of-month meme created at Lyrical Reviews and now hosted by Sally at Always Lost in Stories. All you have to do is pick your favourite book of all the books you've read that month and post it.
Books I read and reviewed in November 2012:
1. The Miserable Mill (Series of Unfortunate Events #4) by Lemony Snicket.
2. Dreamless (Starcrossed #2) by Josephine Angelini.
3. The Giver (The Giver #1) by Louis Lowry.
4. February (Conspiracy 365 #2) by Gabrielle Lord.
5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.
6. Holes (Holes #1) by Louis Sachar.
7. The Amber Amulet by Craig Silvey.
8. Enclave (Razorland #1) by Ann Aguirre.
9. The Raft by S.A. Bodeen.
10. This is Not a Drill by Beck McDowell.
11. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.
12. Every Day by David Levithan.
13. Ransomwood by Sherryl Jordan.
14. Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson #1-2) by Louise Rennison.
15. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.
16. Wake (Water Song #1) by Amanda Hocking.
17. The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries #1) by L.J. Smith.
18. Slow Man by J.M. Coetzee.
19. Wake (Dreamcatcher #1) by Lisa McMann.
My favourite book of November was:
Gorgeous. Fearless. Dangerous. They're the kind of girls you envy; the kind of girls you want to hate. Strangers in town for the summer, Penn, Lexi and Thea have caught everyone's attention—but it’s Gemma who’s attracted theirs. She’s the one they’ve chosen to be part of their group.
Gemma seems to have it all—she’s carefree, pretty, and falling in love with Alex, the boy next door. He’s always been just a friend, but this summer they’ve taken their relationship to the next level, and now there’s no going back. Then one night, Gemma’s ordinary life changes forever. She’s taking a late night swim under the stars when she finds Penn, Lexi and Thea partying on the cove. They invite her to join them, and the next morning she wakes up on the beach feeling groggy and sick, knowing something is different.
Suddenly Gemma is stronger, faster, and more beautiful than ever. But her new powers come with a terrifying price. And as she uncovers the truth, she’s is forced to choose between staying with those she loves—or entering a new world brimming with dark hungers and unimaginable secrets.