FOUR VERY DIFFERENT FRIENDS. ONE PAIR OF MAGICAL PANTS. AND A SUMMER APART ...
We, the Sisterhood, hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the Traveling Pants:
1. You must never wash the Pants.
2. You must never double-cuff the Pants. It's tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
3. You must never say the word "phat" while wearing the Pants. You must also never think "I am fat" while wearing the Pants.
4. You must never let a boy take off the Pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
5. You must not pick your nose while wearing the Pants. You may, however, scratch casually your nostril while really kind of picking.
6. Upon our reunion, you must follow the proper procedures for documenting your time in the Pants.
7. You must write to your Sisters throughout the summer, no matter how much fun you are having without them.
8. You must pass the Pants along to your Sister according to the specifications set down by the Sisterhood. Failures to comply will result in a sever spanking upon our reunion.
9. You must not wear the Pants with a tucked-in shirt and belt. See rule #2.
10. Remember: Pants = love. Love your pals. Love yourself.
My Rating: 3.5/5
Before reading this book, I didn't really have very many expectations for it. Given the title, I thought it would be a little immature and not much depth.
If I had read this book ten years ago, I would have absolutely loved it. I did like it now, just probably not as much as the younger readers would have.
The characters were all completely different. They had such a broad range of personalities. They were all equally portrayed and I didn't prefer any over the others.
The only negative thing I can say about this book is that when I first started reading it, I found the writing style quite annoying. When I picked up the book after having put it down for a few months, the writing style didn't bother me at all and it became one of my favourite aspects.
During my break from the book, I watched the film version. Whilst it isn't the best, I do think it gave me the insight into the book that I needed.
Overall this book was completely different to what I had expected from a book called The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I really liked the growth of the characters throughout the book as they struggle being apart from each other for the first time.