Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it.
This weeks topic is my top ten series I want to start:
1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - Given how much I love the The Mortal Instruments I can't believe I haven't started this companion series yet.
2. The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan - I keep hearing nothing but good things about Rick Riordan so as soon as I finish the Percy Jackson and the Olympians I definitely plan on reading this one.
3. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - I really want to watch the TV show based on these books but I never watch anything without reading the books first. I just find these books really intimidating.
4. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini - I met the author of this series a few years ago and that makes me feel really bad that I haven't even started his books yet.
5. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass was recommended to me over a decade ago now so I feel like it's long overdue that I start this series.
6. The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke - I have this series in my list for no reason other than I am sick of seeing it sitting on my TBR shelf. I have had these books for the longest time and just haven't read them.
7. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa - I'm not really into faerie books but I have heard a lot of positive things about this series. I have the entire series sitting on my bookshelf ready to be read so that helps.
8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - This is another series that has been on my bookshelf unread for the longest time.
9. The Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan - I read the first book in the companion series a few years ago and it was interesting so I have no idea why I haven't started what is regarded as the superior series.
10. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - I was forced to watch the movies last year and even though it broke my 'book first' rule, I hope that the movies can help me get into this series as I find it really intimidating.